Pages

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Make Your Own Baby Wipes

Afternoon Everyone!

I adore Pinterest, as I am constantly finding things that I can’t wait to try out myself, especially the famous Kit Kat cake.  Luckily my husband’s birthday is coming up!

When I saw a link on Pinterest to make your own baby wipes, I thought that it was a great idea and I couldn’t wait to give it a go.  So I checked out The Life and Times of the Ehingers blog to get the recipe.

In Australia, we don’t have Bounty paper towels so I used Viva paper towels because I know that they work so well when wet.

To make baby wipes you will need:
Viva paper towels
1 ½ tablespoons baby wash
1 tablespoon baby oil
2 cups water
Plastic container with a lid


1. Cut a roll of paper towel in half with a knife.
2. Mix together the baby wash, baby oil and water.
3. Push the cut roll of paper towel into the plastic container.
4. Put on the lid and turn it upside down until all the paper towel is soaked through.  This will only take a few seconds.
5. Turn back over, open the lid and take out the cardboard tube.
6. Pull each wipe out from the middle of the roll.

Homemade Baby Wipes
I was so excited by my homemade baby wipes that I got out my trusty calculator to find out how much I was saving.  After quite a few calculations and some double checking I came to the conclusion that I was saving .2 of a cent.  Yes, that’s 0.002.  Oh well, I wasn’t going to let the ones that I had just made go to waste.  So, onto the baby’s change table they went.  When it came to changing a nappy I thought that I would give them a go.  I have to say that I am quite impressed.  Although they are a lot wetter than wipes you would buy from the shops, I found that they were good to use with (hmmm how do I say this delicately…) number 2’s.  Because they were wetter they cleaned so much faster and that means less wipes.  So now I know that I will keep a stash ready for number 2’s or the dreaded number 3’s: the poo explosion.  If you’re a mother you know the ones I mean!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; even if it is just to say 'Hi". I would love to hear from you!